What is SEO?
–SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. SEO is an online Marketing Technique which helps you to bring your website on top in search engine result.
As estimated 75% of Internet users find out website via search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing.
What SEO really means?
-To understand what SEO means we have to understand three things.
1- Quality Traffic. 2- Quantity Traffic 3- Organic Traffic.
- Quality Traffic-You can bring lots of traffic from the world of Internet. But if the visitor are coming to visit your website because Google advice them that you are resource of Samsung Smartphone, but in reality you are a shopkeeper selling nokia smartphone, that is not quality traffic.
- Quantity Traffic- If you are getting right traffic through that search engine result pages (SERPs) then you can aspect better traffic. It is a result of providing good content and experience for the person who are visiting your websites.
- Organic Traffic- Organic Traffic is when visitor come to your website through search engine. People will visit your website if you give them regular update on your website with valuable content and good information.
Quantity traffic has its own advantages but quality of traffic is what brings you customers.
For high performance both quality of traffic and quantity of traffic are important. For brand attention and online visibility quantity of traffic is important. But for good sales and for a higher growth of quality of traffic is important.
How algorithms work for SEO?
Ranking of search engine result pages (SERPs) are controlled by search engine algorithm. Despite the fact that search engine algorithms are very secret.
But after long period and years of experience in SEO have brought a smart idea about some important factors. The important factors of search engines algorithms can be classified into twp types-
- ON Page SEO 2. OFF Page SEO
- On Page SEO- ON Page SEO sometimes also known as on-site SEO. ON Page SEO is the process of optimizing your website that increases your search engine rankings. The final objective of on page SEO is to gain organic traffic to your website. Here are the important elements of ON Page SEO-Title Tags.Headings.URL Settings.Alt text for images.Fast loading pages, or page load speed.Page Content.Internal Linking.Mobile Friendly Webpages.
- Off Page SEO- OFF Page SEO sometimes also known as OFF-site SEO. OFF Page SEO is an activities which takes place outside of your own website which improve your rankings within search engine results pages (SERPs). Here are some important elements for OFF Page SEO-Social Community Groups.Social Bookmarking.Social media Engagement.Exchange of links.Link of Baiting.Blog Marketing.Answer & Question.Video Marketing.Photo Sharing.Search Engine Submission.
Conclusion- SEO is a smart and brilliant way for increasing your visibility online by saving time and cost of marketing. But before going for SEO, one must understand how it works. SEO is an effective tool for improving the volume and quality of traffic to your website. The process involves a combination of 5 steps- (i). Website audit, (ii) Keyword Research, (iii) ON Page SEO, (iv) Content writing and (v) OFF Page SEO.